Tuesday 25 October 2011

Final Post!

And so this blog comes to an end… It’s been a long six weeks over which I have learnt many new ways to look at my activity! I have thoroughly enjoyed going out for coffee as much as I did and don’t think I’ll be cutting down on these outings anytime soon! In NZ we really are spoilt for choice when it comes to places to go out with friends for a good coffee! There are more coffee roasters per capita in NZ than anywhere else in the world! A NZ tourist website that I stumbled across explained how over the last couple of decades NZ has undergone a coffee revolution. This is because many Kiwis have become judges of the wonderful drink. This in turn has increased the standards and quality of coffee in NZ as well as the popularity. Many new cafes have popped up all over the country, so as I said before, we really are spoilt for choice for coffee destinations! Here’s the website if you want to have a bit more of a read:


This coffee culture that we have in our country has added to my experience of going out for coffee over the past six weeks and I think that it has made my experiences more exciting and easy to carry out! I would encourage you, if you have the funds, to grab some friends and make time to go on your own social coffee outings and explore the many cafes in Dunedin!

To finish off, here are the links to the other blogs that I have commented on:

And below are my 5 references and all the ones that aren't from our class material have been explained within the posts!

Caulton R., & Dickson R. (2007). Whats going on? Finding an explanation for what we do. In J. Creek & A. Lawson-Porter (Eds.), Contemporary Issues in Occupational Therapy (pp. 87-114). Chichester: John Wiley & Sons Ltd.

Caulton, R. F. (Ed). (2003). The best of occupation 1993-2003. Dunedin: Rogan McIndoe Print Ltd.
Friends Quotes. (2004). Retrieved October 18th 2011, from http://www.livesinabox.com/friends/quote.shtml
Lesly, K. (n.d.). Coffee, my old friend. Retrieved 12th October 2011, from http://cocoajava.com/java_poetry.html
Visser, M. (1992). The rituals of dinner. London: Viking, The Penguin Group
Also, if you’re a little confused about how my blog actually works and what posts belong to each week, here is a wee guide to prevent any confusion. The dates may be a little out of order however as I saved my postings in word and then posted them on here when they were completed. 

Week 1: Introduction to Social Coffee (incl. practical considerations)
Week 2: Story #1 + Ergonomics
Week 3: Story #2 + Affordances
Week 4: Story #3 + Affordance Continued
Week 5: Story #4 + Ambience
Week 6: Story #5 + The Need + This Final Post!

Thanks for reading, and goodbyeeeeee :)

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading about your experiences with coffee and it seems as though it is a big part of your social life.

    What I learnt from reading your BLOG is that Coffee falls under the category of food, as it is something we consume. I definitely consider it an Occupation as you can spend a lot of time carrying out the activity. I found your BLOG really well organized with good descriptions and references towards ergonomics, affordances etc. I also found your stories really interesting and easy to read. After reading your blog I realized the importance of how going out for coffee can bring people together and off coarse enjoy the wonderful pleasurable taste of coffee.

    I can’t really think of anything to improve on. I found your BLOG really well organized however if I was nit picking maybe put some more pictures up as it sort of breaks up all the writing and are nice to look at. But other than that there really isn’t anything else to improve on you have done a fantastic job well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING job Gracie, this blog is layed out beautifully!! Great to see you love coffee so much!!

    ReplyDelete